Beauty Kuel Category Expert: Lakshmi Devi Ethirajan
Women over 45 need to avoid damage to their skin for that healthy, glowing look. You have a lot to worry about in dry weather, including skin dehydration, scaliness, and wrinkles.
Plan to keep your face looking nourished, and let your beauty routine combat the low temperatures. Sensitive skin types react differently to changes in the fall/winter weather. Do not be surprised if your summer products work differently during the colder months. Many people get cracked, raw skin in dry weather, so it might be time for a change.
Change In Seasons = Change In Products:
“Create a fall skin care routine to reduce aging.”
The first day of fall marks a time of change in the weather, leaves, and seasons. Think of your skin in the same way. Create a fall/winter skin care routine to reduce aging. Use your fall/winter skincare routine to learn new things about your skin. Less moisture makes it look dulled and aged, and lack of exfoliation leaves it dry and cracked. For the best results, listen to your body, and know how it reacts to changing seasons.
Let’s talk about fall skin care tips to enhance your natural beauty.
4 Cold Weather Skin Care Tips To Achieve That Natural Glow:
Most premature aging comes from damaged skin over the years. Try not to fall behind on your skincare routine, especially during changing seasons. Avoid damaging your skin by having a healthy skin care routine.
1. SPF in the Fall Still Matters
Your first defense against premature aging is SPF. Protection from the sun keeps your skin safe from its harmful rays. UV rays will always damage your skin, even if the sun seems less intense.
Here are a few other ways to avoid premature aging from sun damage:
- Stay inside during intense parts of the day. (11 am to 3 pm)
- Always wear a protective layer of SPF, even if you work inside.
- Apply sunscreen at least 30 minutes before going outside.
- Be sure to reapply every couple of hours throughout the day.
2. Gently Exfoliate to Unleash Your Natural Glow
Exfoliation rubs away dead skin cells. The method unveils healthy and smooth skin with a vibrant glow. Use this method wisely because too much scrubbing harms your skin long-term.
Change up how often you exfoliate based on your skin’s reaction.
- How to Exfoliate Dry Skin – Once or twice a week works for dry skin types. A gentle non-chemical scrub with moisturizing ingredients like colloidal oats works the best.
- How to Exfoliate Oily Skin – Every two or three days work for oily skin types. Scrubs with herbs like calendula or superfoods like dried orange peel do best for this skin type.
- How to Exfoliate Combination Skin – Once or twice a week works for combination types. Pay close attention to your skin, and use the right scrub based on how your skin feels, dry vs. oily.
- Gently Exfoliate to Avoid Damage. – Over-exfoliating is harmful. Try a gentle exfoliant if your skin is easily hurt.
Never scrub over acne. Harsh scrubbing makes it worse, and it is hard to stop flare-ups.
Exfoliation should not be a part of your daily routine, either. Talk to a skincare expert about your skin type before making any significant changes.
3. Cleanse to Get That Good Glow
Cleansing in the morning and the evening lifts dirt and dead skin cells. It only takes a few minutes, and it leaves your skin feeling brand new.
“The right cleanser needs a lot of experimentation.”
All types of cleansers exist, from the most gentle, natural skincare to harsher brands.
- Use Oil or Cream Cleansers for Dry Skin – If you have dry skin, opt for thicker products. When you use hot water and wash your face, it strips your body of its natural oils. Replace those oils with the right moisturizer to say goodbye to dullness.
- Use Oil or Gel Cleansers for All Skin Types – Oil cleansers work well for all types of skin. It is a gentle and easy method to get rid of dirt and makeup. Gel cleanser also works well for both oily or combination skin types by gently removing excess oil from the pores, leaving your skin clean and fresh.
Cleansing daily keeps your pores clean and healthy. It helps prime the skin for serum and moisturizers. Adding a toner after cleansing removes dirt and last traces of makeup to purify the pores.
The right cleanser needs a lot of experimentation. To get it right, pay special attention to your skin’s reactions over time. If you see acne flare-ups, try changing up your cleansing routine.
4. Moisturize to Protect Your Skin
Moisturizing makes the skin look fuller and younger. Cold and dry weather strips the skin of moisture. As fall/winter approaches, add more hydration to your daily routine, and keep yourself looking youthful and vibrant.
- Natural, Lightweight Moisturizers – Going for a lightweight moisturizer works best for oily and combination skin types. Gel or thin lotions do not produce too many oils for oily skin types.
- Heavy Hydration for Dry Skin – Chilly weather damages aging skin quickly. Heavyweight hydration is necessary for dry and combination skin types. Opt for moisturizers with butters and oils that add heavy hydration to the skin.
“Apply moisturizers right after taking a bath or a shower.”
Apply moisturizers right after taking a bath or a shower. Some people moisturize multiple times a day, especially after cleansing, and doing so is excellent for aging skin.
Srida Herbals: A Kuel Life Woman-Driven Brand:
Srida Herbals offers easy-absorbing moisturizing cream for the changes in the seasons. Our cream is loaded with hydrating shea butter, avocado oil, borage oil, and chickweed-infused olive oil. Srida clients with sensitive skin love the soothing formula. Our carefully sourced ingredients do not harm the environment and are all-natural.
Fans of organic ingredients love our soothing skincare products. We build an enriching experience for every customer, and your happiness with our products is a guarantee.
Srida Herbals carries a fine line of natural products. Currently, we work with dry, sensitive, and combination skin types. We enjoy educating our customers about our 100% natural skincare routines.
If you are confused about what type of products are best for your skin; contact us, and we will happily guide you. Send us an email here: [email protected]
Visit us in the Kuel Shop to grab your rich and lightweight moisturizing cream for a younger looking skin!
About the Author:
Lakshmi is a holistic skincare specialist. She is the founder of Srida Herbals an organic and vegan friendly skincare line. She aspires to create products that help people feel confident their own skin and ditch the harsh chemicals in their skincare routine.
By founding Srida Herbals, she wants to influence the skincare world around her. She focuses on bringing together her knowledge about centuries old skincare traditions and her 20+ years of pharmaceutical skills to create products that are toxin-free and safe. In her products she uses ingredients in their righteous quantities to maximize the effect of the skin. She wants others to understand that skincare is an holistic ritual and it’s not the active process of using chemicals filled products that give an instant effect. Follow Lakshmi on Instagram and shop her products in the Kuel Shop.