Broccoli Pesto Pasta
Pesto! I find that people either like it or they don’t. I love it, so a broccoli pesto pasta recipe sounds right up my alley. This recipe was taken from the 131method.
My alterations to the broccoli pesto pasta recipe and how I simplify it:
I use the Costco brand of pesto for this broccoli pesto pasta recipe. By doing that your only ingredients are broccoli, pesto, zucchini noodles (or noodles of choice).
I steam the broccoli, then mash it with a fork, add some pesto – to taste – start with a few spoonfuls and add more if you feel like it needs it. I make zucchini noodles, which I saute in a pan with a little avocado oil, then I add the broccoli mixture just until heated. Plate it and add the macadamia nuts.
- 2 cups (170g) broccoli florets
- 2 cups (38g) basil leaves
- ½ cup (60g) dry roasted macadamia nuts
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1½ tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ shallot, chopped
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 4 bags Miracle Noodles, drained and rinsed (or substitute zucchini noodles)
Wishing you HEALTH and HAPPINESS!