Well, it’s that time of year again where soup is my dish of choice. Here is a Carrot Ginger recipe that my friend Megan posted on her website. It is yummy and so healthy!
Carrot Ginger Soup:
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1-inch cube of ginger, finely diced
- 1/4 tsp chives (optional, as a topping)
- 1 bunch of carrots, peeled and sliced thin
- 1 bulb of fennel, chopped
- Also, 1 zucchini, sliced and diced
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 1 cup of bone broth (vegetable broth can be substituted)
- 1 tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 pinches of sea salt
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
“It is yummy and so healthy!”
Instructions On How To Make Carrot Ginger Soup:
Sauté the onion in the extra virgin olive oil until it is soft and translucent. Add the carrots and ginger to the onions and continue to sauté for another 5 minutes. Add the remaining vegetables and sauté for a few more minutes.
Then add the sea salt and bone broth covering the vegetables. Put a lid on the pot let it simmer until the vegetables are all very soft. Put the vegetables in the blender along with the apple cider vinegar and blend until smooth. Salt to taste and top with finely chopped chives (optional). Enjoy!