It’s Summer time and I’m busy trying to find healthy, ‘cool’, and tasty meals to serve at home. I don’t know about all you Kuel Women out there, but I get super bored of the same ‘ol ingredients. Yesterday I spied a ‘jicama’ and spent the better half of an hour making up what to do with it. It was amazingly delicious and highly nutritious.
Here is what I threw together for last night:
- 1/2 medium jicama – peeled and sliced thinly (julienne)
- 2 cups of cabbage (red and white) with carrots shredded (I bought a bag of coleslaw and used that. I threw out the dressing pack)
- 1 cup trimmed snap peas
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 cloves of garlic (we like garlic – if you don’t use 1 clove; trust me)
- 1 cup cilantro (leaves and stems)
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup water (or less depending on consistency)
- 1/4 cup high quality olive oil
- a squeeze or two or three of lime juice
Place salad ingredients in salad bowl – I love my wooden one.
Pulse all dressing ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth. Blend dressing into salad as desired. Sprinkle pistachios on top for additional crunch; if you desire.
I served it last night with sautéed scallops on the side. Today I had it for lunch with some tuna salad on top. It’s very versatile and check out just how good jicama is for us: