Liza Baker (That’s Leeza!) is one of Kuel Life’s Health Coaches. She regularly blogs amazing recipes to share with her clients and followers. We at Kuel Life are lucky to be able to share her recipes with all you KUEL women. If you missed her Upcycled Stock or her Butternut Squash Soup; we urge you to try them; they’re delish and healthy!
The following list of ingredients looks long. Don’t be dismayed, the recipe is super simple with many variations to please any palate.
GF Pumpkin Spice Muffins
Makes 12–14 muffins
- 1¼ c almond (or other nut) flour
- 1¼ c oat flour (or other gf whole-grain flour)
- 2 T tapioca starch or potato starch
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground allspice
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2/3 c plain unsweetened yogurt or kefir
- 1/3 c butter, melted and cooled
- ½ c maple syrup
- 3 eggs
- ½ c cooked, puréed pumpkin or squash method
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Grease a muffin tin or line with papers.
- Combine the flours, baking powder and soda, spices, and salt and set aside.
- Combine the remaining ingredients and add to the dry ingredients, stirring gently to combine thoroughly.
- Fill the muffin tins almost to the top, then bake 18–20 minutes or until the tops spring back when gently pressed, turning the pan ½ way through.
- Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan.
- Dairy-free: use 2/3 c of a plant-based milk + 1 T apple cider vinegar; replace butter with coconut oil.
- Chocolate: omit pumpkin and spices, replace ½ c of almond flour with ½ c cocoa powder.
- Replace pumpkin purée with unsweetened applesauce, pear sauce, or mashed bananas
- Refined sugar-free: replace maple syrup with 10 pitted dates, mashed to a paste.
Let us know if you make this muffins and if you have any variations to add. You can find other Liza-inspired recipes on her Simply:Health Coaching site.
© Elizabeth A. Baker, LLC
Did you enjoy this article? Become a Kuel Life Member today to support our ad-free Community. Sign-up for our Sunday newsletter and get your expert content delivered straight to your inbox.