Nutty Breakfast Bread
- 2 bananas
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1⁄2 cup ground flaxseed
- 6-8 fresh dates, chopped
- 1 cup mixed seeds – I use pumpkin & sunflower
- 1 cup mixed, chopped nuts
- 1⁄4 cup goji berries
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 150-160°C and line a small loaf tin with baking paper.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside. In a large bowl, mash the bananas, using a stick (immersion) blender or a fork.
- Add the egg, coconut oil & vanilla and whisk, or blend again.
- Mix in the dates, goji berries and the dry ingredients; stir until all ingredients are evenly combined.
- Pour into the loaf tin and bake in the oven for 45-50 minutes, until brown on top, and a skewer comes out clean.
*Check half way through, and cover the edges with foil if they start to burn or brown too quickly.