Healthy one-bowl meals are the bomb! This one is a combo of a few recipes and I absolutely love the way it turned out. Try this out! FYI, I go organic with the ingredients, whenever I can.
“Try this out! FYI, I go organic with the ingredients, whenever I can.”
Recipe For Salmon, Red Rice, Black Bean Bowl:
- 2 Salmon Filets -(4 to 6 ounces)
- 1 Cup of Buhtanese Red Rice
- 1 Can Black Beans
- And 1 Jalapeno
- 2 Poblano Peppers
- ½ Cup White Corn (frozen is ok)
- 1 Avocado
- 6 to 8 Multi-colored Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 Limes
- 4 Garlic Cloves, Chopped
- Olive Oil
- Place in a bowl: the avocado, cubed; the tomatoes, halved; ½ tsp of diced jalapeno; ½ cup of corn; squeeze ½ lime over mixture and set aside.
- Heat oven of 425 degrees. Place poblano peppers, halved, seedless, skin side up, on baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil and salt over them. Bake for about 15 minutes or until skin begins to darken. Remove from oven. Set aside.
- Cook rice. 1 cup of rice. 1 ½ cup water. Drizzle of olive oil. Dash of salt. Bring to a boil. Cover. Simmer for 20 mins. Remove from heat.
- Rinse and dry salmon filet. Rub olive oil on filets. Salt and pepper them. Sprinkle cumin and chopped garlic (2 cloves) on top. Place, skin side down, in a med-hot skillet (drizzled with olive oil). Cook on medium heat for 4 mins. Flip filets so skin side is up. Cover pan for about 2 mins. This should yield a medium-rare salmon filet. Then, Cook longer if you prefer. Remove fish from pan.
- Place black beans in skillet. Lower the heat a bit. Add remaining chopped garlic and a sprinkle of cumin. Salt. Stir until warm.
Assemble And Meal Is Ready!
In a flat, wide bowl, place a few spoonfuls of the rice, next to rice place a few spoonfuls of black beans. Place salmon, on top. Scoop the avocado, tomato, corn mixture on top of salmon. Place poblano slices along the side of the bowl. ENJOY!!!