This past week I spent some time with a dear friend who lives on a farm in upstate New York – just outside Buffalo. One warm evening she prepared a salad for me that I absolutely loved. I had never used or had a green salad with strawberries before and right now in Summer strawberries are out of control.
The minute I returned home, I re-constructed this delicacy for my family and it was a tremendous success. I am excited to share it with all of you KUEL women.
Summer Strawberry & Goat Cheese Salad
- 6 to 8 ounces of sliced strawberries (about a cup)
- 3 loosely packed cups of Bibb lettuce
- 2 ounces of goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup pistachio nuts, shelled
- 1 to 2 TBS of balsamic vinegar
- Salt to taste
I make the salad in individual bowls to ensure the right mix of the ingredients. I also let the strawberries come to room temperature for maximum flavor.
- Split the ingredients between two salad bowls. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Salt to taste.
Did you enjoy this article? Become a Kuel Life Member today to support our ad-free Community. Sign-up for our Sunday newsletter and get your expert content delivered straight to your inbox.