Who doesn’t like sweets? I know there are a few out there, but for the rest of us, here’s a sweet treat that is on the healthier side, with no added sugar. Keep these little bites in your freezer for a quick burst of energy when you feel tired or are simply looking for a sweet treat after dinner. The nuts, seeds, and other healthy ingredients in this recipe can boost your mood and make for a filling snack. This recipe comes from Dr. Oz’s website.
- 1 cup cashews (soaked for a few hours in water, drained and rinsed)
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 4 dates (softened in some hot water for 10 minutes, then roughly chopped)
- pinch sea salt
- 1/3 cup dried milk powder
- cocoa powder or finely shredded unsweetened coconut for coating (optional)
1. Purée all ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate for about an hour.
2. Once cold and firm, portion out mixture with a teaspoon or very small scoop and roll into balls (about 3/4 inch in diameter). If you want, you can then roll them in some cocoa powder or shredded coconut for a coating.
3. Store in a bag or airtight container in the freezer. Enjoy as needed 🙂
Did you enjoy this article? Become a Kuel Life Member today to support our ad-free Community. Sign-up for our Sunday newsletter and get your expert content delivered straight to your inbox.