Website Kuel Life Thought Leader, RuthAnn Bowen:
When it comes to creating or updating a website, many business owners feel overwhelmed.
“Before you hire a web designer, there are some important questions you need to ask.”
There are so many things to think about – from finding the right domain name and hosting package, to designing and coding the website itself. This is why it’s important to partner with the best web designer for your project. But how do you go about choosing one? In this blog post, we will provide tips on what questions to ask, what things to look for, and how to make the most of your web design project!
5 Questions To Ask A Web Designer:
Before you hire a web designer, there are some important questions you need to ask. This will help ensure that you find the right person for the job, and that you’re both on the same page regarding what the website should look like and do. Some questions to ask include:
- What is your design process?
- What are your rates?
- Do you have any examples of previous work that I can see?
- What kind of support do you offer after the website is launched?
- How familiar are you with SEO and how will you optimize my website for search engines?
“Look for a designer who has plenty of experience with designing websites.”
4 Things To Look For In A Web Designer:
When vetting potential web designers, there are a few key things you should look for:
- Experience – Look for a designer who has plenty of experience with designing websites. They will have a better understanding of what works and what doesn’t, and will be able to create a website that looks great and functions well.
2. Portfolio – A web designer’s portfolio is a great way to see their past work. Make sure to review the websites they have designed, and see if they match the style and functionality you are looking for.
3. Communication Skills – It’s important that the designer you choose is good at communicating with you. They should be able to understand your needs and desires, and be able to give feedback and suggestions throughout the design process.
4. Price – Don’t forget to consider price when choosing a designer. Make sure you get quotes from several designers before making a decision.
“Provide examples of websites you like, and list out your must-haves and nice-to-haves.”
3 Ways To Make The Most of Your Web Design Project:
Once you’ve chosen a web designer, it’s important to make the most of the project. Here are three tips:
- Be clear about what you want. The designer can’t read your mind, so it’s important to be clear about what you want from the website. Provide examples of websites you like, and list out your must-haves and nice-to-haves.
- Communicate with the designer. Be sure to communicate regularly with the designer, and provide feedback as they design your website. This will help ensure that you’re happy with the end result.
- Give them time to do their job. Web designers need time to create a great website, so don’t rush them. They will likely ask for feedback at different stages of the design process, so be sure to provide it in a timely manner.
We hope this blog post has been helpful! If you’re looking for a web designer, be sure to follow the tips above. And feel free to contact Ruthann at Wix DesignHer if you’re ready to move forward with your own web design project.
About the Author:
Ruthann Bowen, founder and owner of WIX DesignHer, is a creative and business-minded web designer located in the greater Pittsburgh, PA area. She is also the author of “The Female Entrepreneur’s Guide to Creating a Website in a Weekend.” She works with small businesses and female entrepreneurs building beautiful, modern websites which accurately represent clients’ brands. As a WIX expert, she teaches business-related classes showing people how to design using the easy drag-n-drop website building platform. Exercising the experience gained from her background in PR, she also holds workshop