Fashion Fridays, Kuel Life Thought Leader: Tracy Gold
Do you want to look fashionable, without looking like you raided your daughter’s or granddaughter’s closet?
Personal stylist and midlife makeover expert, Tracy Gold, shares her top wearable Spring/Summer trends for women over 50.
“Look out for wide legs that fit in the waist and hip and then flare out in the hem.”
Top 5 Spring Fashion Trends:
Let me start by saying that trends are meant to inspire you to create your own look. These days, there are so many to choose from and the key is to wear the ones you love, suit your body shape, personal style, and lifestyle. Determining which ones fit the bill can be a challenge, so here are my top 5 that I think you might like:
- Wide leg pants and jeans: Can we all say a resounding hallelujah that these are back in style? If the fit is right, they will emphasize your waist, de-emphasize your hips and make your legs appear longer. Look out for wide legs that fit in the waist and hip and then flare out in the hem.
You want to be careful of styles that are voluminous all over. If you are petite in height, you may find that you need to add a high heel shoe to harness the leg elongating effect. See the next trend for women over 50 – high heel shoe ideas that won’t cause you pain.
“Platform sneakers and flatforms are super comfy and work perfectly under wide leg pants. “
Perfect Comfortable Style:
2. Platform shoes and sneakers: I love platforms as they offer height without discomfort. But I do have to warn you that not all platforms are equal. I ordered several styles and had to return them all because they required a balancing act to walk in or the arch was too dramatic to wear for more than 10 minutes. Platform sneakers and flatforms are super comfy and work perfectly under wide leg pants. Try on a few to find your perfect comfortable style.
3. Bold prints: Yip! You read right and believe it or not, prints can be a girl’s best friend as they fool the eye into not knowing what is print and what is your body. The key is, to wear prints in shapely garments (not tight) so that the print does the work for you. If you wear a shapeless, baggy style in a print, it may make you look bigger.
“Yes minis are back, but so are long dresses.”
Array Of Colors:
4. Bold color: I think many of us are ready for the joy that comes from wearing bright and bold colors this spring. This year, you will have an array of colors to choose from. Wear bold colors that suit your complexion and it will make you look fresh and youthful in an instant. This is a fantastic trend for women over 50. If you need help in finding your perfect colors click here to see my tips on that.
5. Long dresses: Yes minis are back, but so are long dresses. Perfect if you want to cover your legs and still feel summery. And for the petite ladies who think they can’t wear long dresses, you can! It’s all in the shape. Look for dresses that have waist definition (or can be belted) and flare at the hem. Defining your waist makes your legs appear longer instantly and the flare will de-emphasize your hips and make the dress super comfy to wear.
About the Author:
Television personality, fashion designer and stylist Tracy Gold’s newly launched talk show, Tracy Gold Show, is inspiring women over 40 to look and feel fabulous regardless of age. A born entrepreneur, Tracy has enjoyed success as a fashion designer, YouTube influencer and QVC fashion presenter. After launching her own fashion line in 2003 out of the trunk of her car, Tracy now has a worldwide customer base clamoring for her next TGNY fashion release. A powerful social media influencer, Tracy’s YouTube channel Tracy Gold Fashion Tips has more than 20,000 subscribers with over 2 million views.