Beauty Kuel Category Expert: Lakshmi Devi Ethirajan
Fabulous hair doesn’t just make a woman look great, it makes her feel confident, powerful and inspired. Thankfully, plenty of ways exist to make your hair look truly amazing.
We want to make sure you know how to take advantage of them! First, let’s take a look at 7 key questions about hair care to ask yourself.
1. Do I Like The Way My Hair Looks And Feels?:
Many women are dissatisfied with the way their hair changes as they age. If your hair doesn’t make you feel happy, it’s time to make some adjustments.
“Fortunately, today’s range of hair styles is far more inclusive, and finding a style to fit your natural hair type and personality is easier than ever.”
2. Do I Enjoy The Natural Volume?
Is your hair volume big or small enough for your taste? In the struggle to achieve the perfect volume, many women damage their locks. However, to save your hair, you need to tweak your volume-related goals just a little. Fortunately, today’s range of hair styles is far more inclusive, and finding a style to fit your natural hair type and personality is easier than ever.
3. How Do I Want My Hair To Look In A Year?
Not all haircare goals are easy to achieve within days. In other words, you need to set up a long-term routine to enjoy top-notch hair for your next birthday, New Year, summer, etc. In addition, be realistic with the time it takes to achieve your goals.
4. Am I Happy With My Haircare Routine?
Some women spend hours caring for their hair. This puts a strain on their busy schedules and increases anxiety. In addition, your haircare routine doesn’t need to take forever. If you feel you are spending too much time keeping your hair in top shape, it’s okay to rethink your approach.
5. Does The Hairstyle Suit My Image?
“As we age, our hair may need some different attention to continue looking fabulous, but if you have to put serious time and money into your style, stop to think.”
As we age, our hair may need some different attention to continue looking fabulous, but if you have to put serious time and money into your style, stop to think. Do you really need this? Perhaps by changing the hairstyle, you can adjust your haircare routine and enjoy your image—and your life—even more.
6. How Well Am I Caring For My Overall Health?
The quality and appearance of your hair depends on how healthy your body is. Similarly, you can spend hundreds of dollars on haircare products only to watch your hair deteriorate. So ask yourself:
• Do I get enough vitamins and minerals?
• Are my hormones in order?
• Am I constantly overstressed?
Remember, your haircare routine doesn’t need to be complicated. For instance, as with your skin, your best hair starts by keeping your body healthy.
7. Am I Overpaying For Haircare Products?
If you are spending a fortune on haircare products to achieve your goals, something is wrong. By making a couple of educated changes to your haircare routine, it’s possible to reduce the costs tremendously.
“Embracing your natural hair texture and volume can help keep your mane healthier while simplifying your haircare routine.”
What Must Be Included In Your Haircare Routine:
What may have worked for your mane in the past could be making it feel worse today. The following elements are “musts” to consider in your haircare routine.
- Washing frequency – as your body changes your glands produce less oil. In other words, If you notice that your hair doesn’t get dirty as often as it used to, adjust your washing schedule.
- Shampooing — consider using shampoos specifically formulated for aging hair. Therefore, try to keep the amount of shampoo you use to a minimum; too much can dry out your hair and scalp.
- Conditioning — use a high-quality conditioner. Only apply it to the hair, not the scalp.
- Deep conditioning and/or scalp treatments — these treatments do wonders for dry and aging hair. In other words, consider weekly nourishment, geared for your hair type.
- Sun protection — UV rays damage your locks and dry them out. In addition, take advantage of sun protection products for your hair, and keep your hair covered when possible.
- Diet — take the time to rethink your diet and include sufficient nutrition for your hair (fatty fish, flaxseeds, soybeans, walnuts, and veggies should become your best friends).
While hair experiments are extremely fun, consider keeping them down just a little. However, embracing your natural hair texture and volume can help keep your mane healthier while simplifying your haircare routine.
Keep Your Hair In Top Shape:
To make your hair look great, you don’t need to spend hours caring for it. You can enjoy magnificent locks all year round. Hope this answers your questions about hair care. Remember, the quality of your hair depends on the quality of your life. Keep it amazing!
Lakshmi is a holistic skincare specialist. She is the founder of Srida Herbals an organic and vegan friendly skincare line. She aspires to create products that help people feel confident their own skin and ditch the harsh chemicals in their skincare routine.
By founding Srida Herbals, she wants to influence the skincare world around her. She focuses on bringing together her knowledge about centuries old skincare traditions and her 20+ years of pharmaceutical skills to create products that are toxin-free and safe. In her products she uses ingredients in their righteous quantities to maximize the effect of the skin. She wants others to understand that skincare is an holistic ritual and it’s not the active process of using chemicals filled products that give an instant effect. Follow Lakshmi on Instagram and shop her products in the Kuel Shop.