Fashion Fridays, Kuel Life Thought Leader: Tracy Gold
You don’t have to have a huge budget to look stylish. It’s about knowing what to splurge on and what to save on.
“In fact, you may not have any of these things and still have a fabulous wardrobe.”
Personal Stylist and Midlife Makeover Expert, Tracy Gold, gives you the lowdown.
Knowing What To Splurge On:
I’m not going to tell you that you need to invest in a little black dress, white button-down and classic blazer, because your investment pieces are as unique as you are. In fact, you may not have any of these things and still have a fabulous wardrobe.
Knowing what to splurge on will depend on which pieces are hard for you to find. You may struggle to find the perfect pair of pants that fits your waist, hips, and length or a jacket that gives you shape and can be buttoned in the front. These are the items you want to invest in. If you find the perfect pair of pants, buy two.
“Things you can save on are usually the items that are easy for you to find.”
Six Fashion Items Worth The Investment:
- Good bra.
- Comfortable, stylish pair of shoes you will live in.
- Item in a color you love, but can seldom find.
- Dress you can wear for day time and dress up in the evening.
- A stylish coat you will wear for years to come.
- Knitwear that won’t lose shape after one wash.
Things you can save on are usually the items that are easy for you to find and the quality of the item doesn’t matter or you may not want to wear it for years to come. This may include high fashion trends you want to try out, but aren’t that sure about, the latest fashion accessory, or even jeans when you can easily pick up the perfect pair at a thrift store.
Five Items To Save On:
- An outfit you will wear once. You may even want to consider renting an outfit for this purpose.
- High fashion items that you won’t want to be seen in next season.
- A new color you are trying, but aren’t sure if it suits you.
- Uncomfortable shoes that look beautiful, but you can’t wear them for more than 20 minutes.
- The latest ‘it’ handbag or belt (remember the Gucci belt).
Hope this list helps you hone in on those fashion items worth the investment for you!
About the Author:
Television personality, fashion designer and stylist Tracy Gold’s newly launched talk show, Tracy Gold Show, is inspiring women over 40 to look and feel fabulous regardless of age. A born entrepreneur, Tracy has enjoyed success as a fashion designer, YouTube influencer and vetted QVC fashion presenter. After launching her own fashion line in 2003 out of the trunk of her car, Tracy now has a worldwide customer base clamoring for her next TGNY fashion release. A powerful social media influencer, Tracy’s YouTube channel Tracy Gold Fashion Tips has more than 20,000 subscribers with over 2 million views.